Sunday, August 18, 2013

The final countdown

This last month has been so incredible and so crazy at the same time! I am 23 days out from getting on a plane and heading to Africa, I cannot believe how fast it came. My visa came back with no problems and got all of my immunizations all set. Now I am getting all my items checked off of my list and I am going to get started packing all of my stuff. We have a 10+ hour layover in Washington DC and I am so excited because I have never been there. There is a rep. That will be meeting us at the airport when we arrive in Uganda. It's kind of. A waiting game right now. There is so much I want to accomplish before I go and not enough time. The Uganda medical mission is getting back today and I am so excited to hear how God used them there and how bad those bathrooms really are. My last day at Blu Berry is drawing near and is making me sad- I truly have the most amazing crew that is so dedicated and so willing to chip in anyway they can. I worked with my friend Amanda tonight and we have decided that we are already planning my next adventure to Ireland. I am so amazed at God and how powerful he is. He is doing a great thing in me and I can't wait to show others why I do what I do. Just a few more things on my shopping list and then I am set to head out. So crazy that all of my college aged friends are all leaving for college and getting ready to start their classes and I am getting ready to leave the country NBD. God is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment