Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 1

I am sure you have all been sitting on the edge of your seats just waiting and anticipating the first blog since the time that we left. Let me just give you a little insight on what today looked like. I honestly woke up today just like it was another normal day and then came to realize oh wait, I'm leaving the country today for 6 months!!! I got up said good morning to some of my family and helped get the kiddos on the bus for school and began to think about packing (the part I have been oh so dreading) took a few hours to pack everything and re weigh it often. Trying to balance the bags on the bathroom scale I was able to assume I was under the weight limit of 50lbs. I was able to take two (50lb) bags and a BIG carry on. We loaded up the family car and headed out to dinner. We met up with Al and Sue, aunt Jane and uncle D.Richard, and Travis, Elisabeth, and the rest of my immediate family. We had dinner at the rainforest cafe and I had a bacon cheeseburger yum (oh how I love them). We met Hannah and her crew at the airport and had a great time of prayer with 20+ people. Then was the goodbyes i had to say my farewells to my best friends that was harder than i had imagined. We were able to get a couple vouchers for my parents to come to the gate with Violet and Jasmine to send us off right at the gate. We got on the plane and I was nervous about my carry on fitting in the overhead bin...had a couple people who eyed it. We were able to smash it into the bin almost flawlessly. We sat in front of two young men who ....hmm... We're really passionate about their profession. Snored, talked loudly, messed with garbage, listened to loud music, etc. it was quite the experience. It is now 8:36am Washington DC time and we are here until 5:45pm where it will take us to Brussels that is an 8 1/2 hour flight. I am filled with overwhelming joy and I am so excited to get to Africa. God is so good. Love the crazy business.



2 comments:

  1. It's 1:10 PDT...not long and you will be in the air once again!! Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete