Sunday, September 15, 2013

First visit to the village

Well today has been another amazing day. It was the first day I got to go to the village and see/meet everybody at the church. It is a long drive maybe an hour an a half to get there and there is lots of traffic, long bumpy roads,and LOTS of speed bumps. On the way there we picked up Uncle and George and Sandra road with us as well. When we got to the village it was HOT, a lot hotter then it is in the city. You instantly can feel the African sun beating against your little moozoongoo (white person) head. The children all heard the van coming and made their way to the church they quickly grab onto your hands and want to follow you around wherever you go. The adults all have a service in a pig pavilion while the EAC team leads Sunday school for the kiddos. We start with praise and worship and then the children's choir sings, we act out bible stories, and have introductions. All the children call us Auntie- it is the sweetest thing ever. I had several little girls follow me around and ask me many questions and tried to understand one another. The first picture with the two little girls their names are Winnie and Olivia and they sat with me all day as we went thought Sunday school and then sat in big church. At the end of service Hannah and I were going to be introduced to the adult congregation and we had to talk about ourselves a bit. We went and sat in the chairs on the stage and waited for the special music to finish it was super hot in the pavilion and we all brought water so I decided to have a drink if my water so I flipped the lid and it started water falling out of my bottle all over the stage and all over me. Haha all I could do was laugh. (: EAC just had another volunteer named Shannon so the community was quick to except me and when uncle interpreted that I was going to be there for six months they seemed overjoyed and very welcoming. They were lots of fire ants I the village and I walked through a huge pile of them ah! I can't wait to go back tomorrow we are headed to the babies home, I am so excited. Here are a few photos of today's adventure. (:













1 comment:

  1. So great to read of your adventures! What beautiful children! Made my heart feel joyful to see them...and you! xo

    ReplyDelete