Thursday, November 21, 2013

Update

What's New?
It has been a very long time since I have updated you on what is going on and for that I apologize. Things here in Uganda, Africa are going incredibly good at the moment but at the same time it comes with its own sets of trials. In the last couple weeks we have done a lot of resting and getting back into our normal routine from what we had been working with when the Ignis team was with us. Some weeks back we had a slight change in some of our staffers-some we're let go while others were added to the team: Christine- a super fun and energetic girls who loves to color coordinate everything and she is so stubborn her personality it a lot like mine and I have loved getting to know her in this short time she has worked here, Victor- he is our new PR who has a huge heart for The Lord and a great sense of humor always gives an encouraging word, Viola- our cook. Need I say more?! She is incredible as well and so humble, and lastly Rose who is our sponsorship coordinator she is soft spoken but also is very sweet. They have been a great addition to the team and I feel like they have been working with us since the beginning. Scott- one of the. UK leaders is still hanging out we us here working alongside Wilson and trying to get the Ebenezer primary school that is right next to our land out in Zirobwe. They are constantly working on meetings and any problems that arrive here in ground(please keep them in your prayers).

Have there been any new volunteers?

After the Ignis team left we had a girl arrive from the UK named Becky she had been studying to become a doctor and was just finishing up her pediatrics and we were able to clean wounds and pull Chiggers out that were in the village. She was very excited to share stories of her several other short term missions she had been on and share with me about her relationship with Christ and how her mission trips helped her spiritual growth. One thing that I learned from her was that everyone should be accepted and to always include others. She was a huge encouragement and an incredible source of joy in the mere two weeks that she had been there. Last Thursday the day Becky actually left we got a new volunteer from the states named Jose he is in his 30s works in real-estate and has travelled all over the world and decided it was time to give Africa a try he is here for two and a half weeks and is working hands on in the primary schools. The kids love listening to him talk since he is originally from Puerto Rico. Next week we have a girl named Amber who will be with us until December, a boy named David who will be here for 6 months, and one of. Hannah's friends is coming to see her!

What have your challenges been and how can we pray for you?

A couple things have been challenging me in the past couple weeks. First of all it seems like my energy is beginning to wear out. I don't have that same renewed strength day in and day out. It seems as if I am not as excited as I was when I first got here. Also some relationships with on the ground team that have been kind of bugging me. I knew there would be challenges but they were most definitely unforeseen ones in the beginning. God is working and doing big things in my own life though he has taught me the importance of spending time with him more and to be growing spiritually, to take time to meditate on the word in my free time and to not worry what others think or say about me, to remember to glorify God in any and every situation. I am still loving the village it is my favorite day of the week when Sunday comes around and I get to spend time with all of my favorite kids and mamas they seriously always shine the light of Christ no matter what the situation is. Continue to pray for our Christmas party we only have $150 out of the $2,000 we need so pray that the. Lord provides just like we know he always does.

How have you adjusted to the food? And have you found any sources of good snacks?

The food has been fine. It actually seems to get better and better. Sometimes it gets too much of the same thing and I want to eat something else ( that's where your incredible donations of snacks have come in). It's so nice when I haven't totally loved a meal or it gets boring to go grab some wheat thins or cookies that have come in a care package. Tuskys (the albertsons of Uganda) has all kinds of snacks and munchies definitely not the selection of home but it definitely has done the trick.

What is your favorite thing to eat/snack on?

Bounty (it's like a almond joy without the almond) bars and I actually have ventured out and eaten ground beef in a patti form and in a biscuit almost like a cheeseburger. The cheese here is very gross but our chef cuts up all kinds of veggies to go on it too yum!

Have you been homesick?

Yes, I miss my family A LOT ---BUT I know this is exactly where I am supposed to be. I am able to Skype with them often and what's app and FaceTime


Praying for you all often and so thankful for the Lords continued grace. I am that'll for today and hopeful for tomorrow. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment