Monday, July 7, 2014

T- Minus 19 days

I cannot believe I am just few weeks out from heading back to Uganda. God is so good. It is weird to start winding down with the bajillion jobs I have. I am headed to Mt. Baker with the kids next week to be a camp counselor  and then I will only have one week after that! It is so surreal still. I have been collecting things- Here is a list of things for those of you who have expressed interest in donating items towards my trip. If these things are just lying around and you aren't using it anymore I would love to take it off of your hands!
List for Uganda Shan: updated 7/10/2014
snacks: dried fruit
External Hard drive- to back up photos & files 
headphones
Tums
Sewing needles

I was able to join my cousin in Everett to feed the homeless and share with some of the people of my plans to travel back to Uganda. It is amazing to be able to help out with people from all over the world who are struggling not just overseas but in my backyard! It was convicting to me that I need to be also reaching out to those that are closer to home. I now have 3 pen pals all young girls who are interested in knowing more about what is going on in Uganda. I LOVE that I get to encourage young ladies to be seeking after Gods plan for their lives. It is one of the most rewarding places to be. Thanks for thinking of me- I am beyond blessed when I think of how good you have been to me. I would not be able to be following after not only Gods leading in my life but fulfilling one of my biggest dreams. working hands on in a village that I consider family. God is doing big things for me and you. :)



1 comment:

  1. Love your insight here, Shannen!! So many people all over this world who need our help and encouragement and like you said, some of them are right in our own backyard! Love you!

    ReplyDelete